Director, Content Strategy
As Director of Content Strategy, Melissa brings years of experience in content, social, and digital media. Her experience is broad, as she has worked in almost every vertical or industry from higher education to NASCAR. Melissa spent the first 10 years of her career in multiple editorial positions with Glamour, Lucky, Women’s Health & Fitness, Destination Weddings & Honeymoons, and NASCAR Illustrated magazines. Prior to joining Streetsense, Melissa served as a lead digital content and social media strategist for Blue Chip Marketing and managed the content and social media strategy for Brookfield Properties.
Director, Content Strategy, Streetsense
April 2019 – Present
- Create and oversee content strategy for agency portfolio of clients.
- Create content strategies for agency portfolio of clients – inclusive of go-to-market and social platform launch strategies, email marketing strategies, and blog and editorial content strategies.
- Mentor content strategy team members (8 total) on social media platform and community management best practices.
- Review and approve content strategies, social playbooks, and monthly content and distribution
- Hold weekly one-on-one meetings with direct reports (2) to facilitate their career growth and success in their roles.
- Manage client and project deliverable resourcing across industry and agency accounts for the content strategy team.
- Create and oversee content strategy, content development and community management for travel/tourism, real estate, and consumer products social media clients.
Senior Strategist, Digital Content + Social Media, Blue Chip Marketing Agency
November 2017 – March 2019
- Develop and launch integrated marketing strategies focusing on digital content and social media marketing for consumer-packaged-goods (CPG) and healthcare (HC) clients for mid-sized shopper marketing agency.
- Collaborate with user experience, digital design, development, and creative team members to translate the client’s business objectives and strategic goals into digital content plans for brand websites, landing pages, and email campaigns.
- Manage development and execution of social and digital content for CPG client to deliver against FY18, FY19 brand, and campaign goals.
Sr. Manager, Content Strategy & Operations, General Growth Properties
October 2016 – June 2017
- Managed execution of (3) seasonal campaign strategies to completion and on-time launch for Valentine’s Day, Easter Bunny and Spring shopping
- Daily management of web and social publishing team responsible for B2B and B2C digital channels; ~115 websites on AEM platform and social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Partnered with project management leaders to:
- Create content migration plan and manage content development, authoring and execution for website redesign and launch of GGP.com (B2B) and AlaMoana.com (B2C)
- Project manage content audit, matrix development, content authoring and migration (AEM) for website redesign project for remaining (~112) retail property websites in GGP portfolio
- Increased social following by 24k fans and ER by .05% (paid) and 0.07% (organic) with development and implementation of corporate QA process for social content (Sprinklr) in Q1 2017
- Partnered with business analyst and internal stakeholders to develop content publishing guide for field authors to use
Marketing Communications Senior Writer/Editor, Content, THE University Of Chicago Booth School Of Business
June 2015 – October 2016
- Created messaging and brand content for Chicago Booth’s audiences, events and research. centers through videos, magazine articles, website landing pages, email campaigns, online advertisements and social media content.
- Lead content producer for video content series for 2016 Distinguished Alumni Awards.
- Served as a primary content strategist for architecture, redesign and content mapping and/or migration for 5 websites Booth Women Connect Conference, Worldwide Booth Night, Chicago Booth Alumni Magazine, Kilts Center for Marketing and Research and Nielsen Datasets for the Kilts Center for Marketing.
- Developed content management system (Sitecore) training materials for enterprise content authors and trained new users; maintained consistent brand and content standards via CMS on a daily basis.
- Presented concepts and executions to internal partners and clients and contributors for campaigns.
- Responsible for oversight of two junior writers on web and email projects.
Stylist/Sales Representative, Trunk Club
February 2013 – March 2014
- Prospect new business through cold calls, referrals, warm leads and personal network to consistently meet sales quota each month, +75% of daily activity included phone and email communication.
Marketing Manager, Carolina Pad
December 2010 – January 2013
- Developed and launched traditional and digital consumer engagement initiatives for retail and direct-to-consumer channels to support brand growth for consumer packaged goods company (focus groups, landing pages, surveys, promotions).
- Fundanoodle website content development, management and launch; developed press and media communications plan to secure product launch event attendance and media coverage; wrote copy for marketing communications materials.
- Associate Editor, NASCAR ILLUSTRATED MAGAZINE, Jan. 09 – Jan. 10
- Associate Fashion & Beauty Editor, Destination Weddings & Honeymoons Magazine, Jan. 06 – March 07
- Assistant Editor, Women’s Health & Fitness Magazine, Jan. 05 – Dec. 05
- Fashion Assistant, Lucky Magazine, May 03 – Sept. 04
May 2005 – Present
- Content strategy, creation and development for website landing pages, blog posts, and customer email marketing communications for online children’s clothing retailer, Mac & Mia.
- Increased organic blog traffic MoM (Aug – Sept) by 265.5% with a focused keyword optimization strategy, creating 35% more content, and distribution strategy through other Mac & Mia owned digital channels.
- Developed and published 2 blog posts for Manifest Digital agency client Delta Faucet’s Inspired Living Blog.
- The 4 Things a Chef Would Change About Your Kitchen.
- Why a Salon Shampoo Feels So Much Better than a DIY.
- Marketing and communications management for local catering business and restaurant.
- Website content development and publishing for events and special packages.
- Email: Maintained ~1700 subscriber base; Average 24.15% email open rate.
- Leveraged a strategic partnership opportunity with Local Foods and Goose Island brewery to plan, produce, and market Chicago Bears v. Greenbay Packers pre-game tailgate event.