As Senior Art Director in Streetsense’s marketing studio, Taylor oversees creative marketing strategy solutions for tech, travel, and beauty clients, including social campaigns, social engagement implementations, and holistic marketing approaches. He leads his team through the creative process, proving art direction, client interchange, and problem-solving solutions. Prior to Streetsense, Taylor led Under Armour’s Ecomm studio at Splashlight in Baltimore. With an impressive portfolio that includes leading the creative for 8 of Macy’s private brands specializing in campaign, social, and marketing development, Taylor spent ten years in NYC where he worked with brands such as MAC Cosmetics, Swarovski, Kenneth Cole, and Norma Kamali. Originally from Fairhope, Alabama, Taylor earned his bachelor’s in communication design from Parsons School of Design in New York.
Senior Art Director for Under Armour, Splashlight Studios
2018 – 2019
- Creative Lead for Splashlight’s Baltimore studio for Under Armour
- Oversaw all photoshoots from concept to post-production including
hiring all outside talent while staying in budget quarterly.
- Executing on-model and still-life photography for UA.com and B2B.
- Supervised entire studio and respective teams including producers,
operations managers, stylists, retouching, and JR. ADs.
Art Director, Macy’s Inc.
2015 – 2018
- Partnered with CMO to develop new private brands, updated loyalty program concepts, and introduction of PDP video to Macys.com.
- Oversaw the development and execution of all creative for multiple private brands including campaign imagery, voice, digital ads, email marketing, eComm video, in-store signage and video, direct mail, social media content, and all outdoor creative i.e. bus wraps, newsstands, station takeovers.
- Partnered with Marketing Strategy to conceptualize social media campaigns targeting key fashion trends in tandem with product teams and outside agencies; seasonally pitch concepts to senior mgmt teams to secure buy-in.
- Supervised creative team, photo studio, retouchers, and production artists.
- Execute campaigns developed from UX data and analytics to ensure optimal omnichannel customer engagement.
Freelance Senior Ad + Marketing Consultant, Norma Kamali
- Restructured and developed new direction for total social media presence resulting in ~10k+ growth in followers over 4 mo.
- Art direction for lifestyle and still life photoshoots, beauty products, hangtags, print collateral, and lookbooks.
Freelance Senior Ad + Marketing Consultant, RO New York for Swarovski
- Conceptualized and executed campaigns for Swarovski Fine Jewelry including art direction of still life and lifestyle imagery, catalogue layout, website, and advertisements; client-facing creative liaison.
Senior Art Director, Juice Pharma Worldwide
2014 – 2015
- Oversaw creative brand development of 5 brands for CC and HCP including national 360° campaigns, TV spots, print collateral, packaging, digital ads, websites and educational videos.
- Conceptualized multi-platform UX experiences and activations for product launches including interactive apps and personalized print collateral.
- Managed creative team, interns, UX developers, production artists.
Art Director, Coastal Living Magazine
2013 – 2014
- Completed redesign of publication consisting of new logo, grid systems, branding elements (i.e. color, icons) typographic treatments; development of new beauty, fashion, lifestyle stories in tandem with editors, designers, chefs, and photographers; art direction and styling of still life photography.
- Regularly pitched campaigns with E.I.C. to senior leadership per issue.
Freelance Art Director, M-A-C Cosmetics
- Concepted, executed, directed new creative direction for print collateral and digital assets specifically for make-up professionals.
- Art directed and styled various still life shoots; creation of image library for print, packaging, and digital assets.
Freelance Art Director, Kenneth Cole
- Completed redesign of emails including information hierarchy, template design, strategic schedule cadence, based on heat-map UX data.
- Developed messaging with copy and marketing to ensure brand integrity.
Freelance Art Director, Shahid and Co.
- Developed menswear collection including logo design, branding, product concept, and packaging; pitched to investors and buyers, sourced factories and printers, developed campaign concepts.
Designer, Chandelier Creative
2008 – 2011
- Supported Creative Directors through set design, graphic design, direct mailers, still life and lifestyle shoots, social media assets, publication design, and activations; involved in client-facing pitches and presentations.